Thu, Apr 13|
Online on The Thread
The World Needs More Yoga: 12-Week Group Mentoring Program
Enrollment is open until April 10th! Join Rachel Allen for this unique mentoring program that will provide you with comprehensive tools and resources to enhance your teaching offer to diverse communities.
Time & Location
Apr 13, 11:00 AM
Online on The Thread
About the Event
The World Needs More Yoga: A 12-Week Group Mentoring Program
With Rachel Allen
March 22 – June 7, 2023
Wednesdays, 5:30 – 6:45pm EST
Session Dates: 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, 4/19, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31, 6/7
Plus Bonus 5 Practice Sessions (see info below)
Join Rachel Allen for this unique mentoring program that will provide you with comprehensive tools and resources to enhance your teaching offer to diverse communities. By the end of the program, you will be able to identify needs and/or populations in your communities where Yoga can be of service physically, mentally, and emotionally. You will have ideas and tools to explore funding and other resources. You will also develop a pilot program and will leave the program confident and prepared to deliver meaningful experiences in your community.
All of this will happen in a learning community of supportive, engaged, and inspiring peers.
During this 3-month program, you will:
- Learn to identify potential community partners and places/spaces where Yoga can be of service in your community.
- Get valuable information about networking and writing proposals for program considerations.
- Gain an understanding of funding programs, including but not limited to assisting with grant writing and innovative fundraising.
- Learn how to make presentations to interested parties.
- Grow your understanding of how to adapt practice in settings that don't have mats or yoga props.
- Explore how to incorporate yoga philosophy in appropriate, understandable ways.
You will be invited to pilot a project in your community and will get feedback and support from the entire group.
Included Bonus! 5 Practice Sessions with Rachel
Making Your Classes Inclusive and Accessible
Mondays, 12 – 1pm EST on 3/27, 4/10, 4/24, 5/8, 5/22
Classes will highlight topics such as:
- Using the language of Central Nervous System Regulation and Somatic Awareness
- Invitational Language vs Directional
- Teaching an All Levels Class with multiple cues
- No Hands Practice
- Practice w/out props
- Chair Class
- Yoga for All Shapes and Sizes
- Incorporating Mindful Movement and Free Flow